Boston, Massachusetts, USA – October 17, 2017 – Boris FX™, the leading visual effects and workflow solution developer for film and video, releases major new versions of flagship plug-in collections Sapphire and Continuum (formerly BCC). The products mark the first combined development effort borne from the addition of Sapphire to the award-winning Boris FX product line, which also includes Mocha. Boris FX plug-ins support the industry’s top applications, including: Adobe, Avid, Autodesk, and OFX hosts The Foundry’s NUKE and Blackmagic Davinci Resolve.
“Since welcoming Sapphire into the Boris FX family one year ago, we’ve been working tirelessly to deliver the best, next-gen creative VFX tools for editors, visual effects artists, and motion graphic designers,” states Boris Yamnitsky, President and Founder. “We’re excited to offer not one, but two new Academy Award caliber VFX tools to our distinguished userbase.”
The highly-anticipated integration of Mocha’s Academy Award-winning planar motion tracking and masking tools directly inside Sapphire 11’s effects opens endless creative doors. “Sapphire’s high-end editors and VFX artists need high-end solutions,” continues Yamnitsky. “Users now have access to Mocha’s trailblazing planar tracking directly inside their project timelines, making often time-consuming advanced VFX creation quick and easy.”
Building upon the previous award-winning release, Continuum 11 delivers even more powerful chroma keying and compositing tools, new streamlined titling options, and a new VR Unit for 360/VR editing and finishing tasks. “The integration of Photron’s Academy Award -nominated keying algorithm and toolset, Primatte™, into Continuum 11 gives editors access to the same revolutionary keying tools used in blockbuster films like the Lord of the Rings series, Spider-Man, and the Harry Potter series,” remarks Yamnitsky. “Continuum’s Primatte Studio technology and custom designed user interface delivers the highest quality keying results with minimal clicks. Combined with Mocha’s planar tracking and masking tools, also integrated into Primatte Studio, the new toolset packs an unrivaled one-two punch.”
The new Continuum VR unit fills a much-needed gap in the burgeoning 360 video industry, by complementing Adobe’s recent immersive initiatives and providing Avid Media Composer with a 360 finishing workflow. “We’ve seen a strong demand for tools specifically designed for 360/VR content creation,” explains Yamnitsky. “Editors working in this field are constantly trying to keep pace with developments in the 360 video camera space including high resolution processing and stereoscopic workflows. The Continuum VR Unit is the result of a collaboration with the award-winning Mocha VR development team and features five new filters, including VR Reorient, VR Insert, and VR Sharpen, that drastically reduce the often laborious post and VFX tasks related to 360/VR video.”
The post community is already lauding new features.
Sapphire 11: New Features
- Integrated Mocha Tracking & Masking: Mocha’s renowned planar tracking and masking engine is integrated inside all Sapphire 11 effects adding major time-saving tools for tracking, masking, screen replacements, rotoscoping, and more.
- New Presets & Transitions: Sapphire 11 adds over 50 highly-stylized, multi-effect presets and transitions based on Sapphire’s powerful Builder effect. Easily drag and drop on a project or customize as desired.
- Sapphire Units: Sapphire 11 is now available as 8 individual effect categories. Each Sapphire Unit offers a single, multi-host (Avid, Adobe & OFX) license at a freelance-friendly price point. Learn more about Sapphire Units.
Continuum 11: New Features
- Primatte Studio: Based on Photron’s Academy Award-nominated Primatte green/blue screen compositing algorithm, Primatte Studio is a powerful, next-gen keying and compositing feature. Highlights include: automatic green/blue screen analysis, manual transparency tuning, adjust lighting to correct unevenly lit screens, foreground object detection to deliver a perfect key with a single color sample, and integrated Mocha masking. Primatte Studio is included in Continuum’s Key and Blend Unit.
- Broadcast Safe: The new Broadcast Safe filter guarantees a project will pass rigorous broadcast-safe standards with a simple one-click solution. Choose the desired standard option and the filter automatically produces the final picture-perfect result. Broadcast Safe is included in Continuum’s Image Restoration Unit.
- VR Unit: The new VR Unit gives 360/VR editors highly-useful tools, including VR Reorient, VR Insert, VR Blur, VR Sharpen filters, and VR Flicker Fixer, to work quickly inside their host timeline while also avoiding the seams inherent to regular non-VR filters. Based on Mocha VR’s award-winning 360/VR tech.
Limited-time offer: The new Continuum VR Unit is included FREE with every purchase of Mocha VR, the award-winning 360/VR planar tracking and masking toolset.
- Title Studio: New improvements to Title Studio include a 3D render engine for realistic 3D cast shadows and depth-of-field, a spline-based motion path for animating multiple objects on one path, faster performance, a simplified user interface, and many more presets/templates. Title Studio is included in Continuum’s 3D Objects Unit.
- Free Bonus Product Included: Each Continuum 11 purchase through Boris FX comes with SonicFire Pro 6 developed by SmartSound. SonicFire Pro 6 is the newest version of the award-winning music customization tool for film and video. Includes a bonus 10-track royalty-free album.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, The Foundry, Blackmagic Design, Grass Valley, Magix, SAM, FilmLight and other leading developers of video editing, compositing, and color-grading software. In 2014, Boris FX acquired Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award winning developer of Mocha planar tracking software. In 2016, Boris FX acquired GenArts, the developer of Sapphire, the gold standard plug-in package for high-end visual effects.