With seamless integration with Retrospect Management Console, Retrospect's data protection suite streamlines onboarding and increases protection with ProactiveAI.
Walnut Creek, Calif.— March 3, 2020 —Retrospect, a leader in data protection for businesses and a StorCentric company, today announced the general availability release of Retrospect Backup 17 and Retrospect Virtual 2020, as well as updates to its Retrospect Management Console. Retrospect's suite of products now provide hosted management service for automatic onboarding of physical and virtual backup instances, enabling fast deployment and increased protection leveraging ProactiveAI across an entire organization.
IT administrators depend on streamlined workflows to deploy services and support within their organization. With automatic onboarding, administrators can share a single URL with their entire company, and each employee can download the client for their platform, pre-packaged with a public key for authentication. There are no user passwords, and Retrospect Backup 17 will automatically add the new clients and start protecting them using ProactiveAI.
With Retrospect Virtual 2020, businesses can monitor their physical and virtual backup infrastructure from a single pane of glass via the Retrospect Management Console. Retrospect Virtual 2020 is now integrated with the hosted service to enable one place to monitor every protected machine–Windows, Mac, Linux, VMware, and Hyper-V.
"There are a multitude of avenues that lead to data loss for businesses, including ransomware, accidents, and disasters," said Mihir Shah, CEO of StorCentric, parent company of Retrospect. "Retrospect enables any business to backup their entire infrastructure and restore a file or a system to a single point in time–days, months, or years in the past. The ubiquity of ransomware means businesses need a data protection strategy, with on-site backups for fast restore and an off-site location. Retrospect makes it a click away."
Also included in Retrospect Backup 17:
- 10x Faster ProactiveAI– ProactiveAI has been optimized to handle many more sources with different storage profiles. Customers with endpoints that are offline at various times will see a 10x performance increase in how fast Retrospect Backup 17 finds the next available computer.
- Restore Preflight – Large-scale data protection—relying on highly-optimized storage configurations like hundreds of tapes or Amazon Glacier— strategies require preflight capabilities to ensure a fast operation, and Retrospect Backup 17 allows customers to export a preflight summary including backup files and tape information.
- Nexsan Certification – Retrospect Backup 17 is now certified for Nexsan E-Series and Nexsan Unity storage devices.
Also included in Retrospect Virtual 2020:
- 50% Faster Performance – Retrospect Virtual 2020 is now up to 50% faster at backup.
- Wasabi Cloud Support – Retrospect Virtual 2020 includes support for Wasabi Cloud as a destination.
- Backblaze B2 Support – Retrospect Virtual 2020 includes support for Backblaze B2 as a destination.
- Updated Linux Support – Retrospect Virtual 2020 supports Ubuntu 19.04 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Flexible Licensing – Retrospect Virtual 2020 supports flexible VM licensing. Customers can use a socket or guest license for either VMware or Hyper-V.
Retrospect Backup 17 and Retrospect Virtual 2020 are available immediately. These versions are free updates for customers with current qualifying annual support and maintenance contracts and are immediately available for purchase from your preferred reseller or retrospect.com as an electronic download. Retrospect Backup and Retrospect Virtual are available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
Pricing for Retrospect ranges from $49 for Retrospect Solo, which protects a single non-server computer, to $4,299 for Retrospect Multi Server Premium, which protects as many Mac, Windows, and Linux servers and PCs as your bandwidth and storage capacity will allow. Upgrades range from $29 to $2,699. (All prices listed above are MSRP in USD.) Special pricing is available for Education, Government, and Non-Profit settings. For a complete listing of new and upgrade product pricing, please visit Adimex website.
Protecting 100 Petabytes in over 500,000 homes and businesses in over 100 countries, Retrospect is dedicated to providing reliable backup and recovery tools for professionals and small- to- midsize businesses with Retrospect Backup and Retrospect Virtual, covering physical servers and endpoints, virtual environments, and business applications. With three decades of field- tested expertise, Retrospect meets the needs of organizations that require the highest level of recoverability. Retrospect is a proud member of the StorCentric family of brands. For further information, please visit: www.retrospect.com.
StorCentric provides world-class and award-winning storage solutions. Between its Drobo, Nexsan, Retrospect and Vexata divisions, the company has shipped over 1M storage solutions and has won over 100 awards for technology innovation and service excellence. StorCentric innovation is centered around customers and their specific data requirements, and delivers quality solutions with unprecedented flexibility, data protection, performance and expandability. For further information, please visit: www.storcentric.com.